2013 Global Open Water Swimming Conference
noun - The Global Open Water Swimming Conference is an annual celebration and global get-together of luminaries in the sport of open water swimming. The 2013 Conference will be held in Cork, Ireland and is hosted by Oswald Schmidt. The Conference includes the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame (IMSHOF) induction ceremonies and the World Open Water Swimming Association (WOWSA) in additional to presentations, speeches and talks by experts in the field. The Conference will present speakers of sporting, scientific and environmental interest to open water swimmers. The Conference will include at least one lap of Sandycove Island on 13 October weather and safety permitting.
- 11 October - Full Conference including Friday Reception and Saturday Lectures, Lunch, WOWSA Awards, Tea, Coffee, Wine Reception, Gala Dinner and IMSHOF Awards, €100.
- 12 October - Gala Dinner, Wine Reception and IMSHOF Awards, cost €50.
- 12 October - Conference only including Saturday Lectures, Lunch, WOWSA Awards, Tea, Coffee €50.
- 13 October - Sunday Swim at Sandycove Island including Soup and Sandwiches and Bus Transfer to and from the City, €35.
- Rochestown Park Hotel, Cork, Ireland
- 2010 - Marriott Hotel, Long Beach, California, USA
- 2011 - Delegates Room, United Nations Building, New York, USA
- 2012 - Queen Mary, Long Beach, California, USA,br/>
- 2013 - Rochestown Park Hotel, Cork, Ireland
International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
The IMSHOF is a global celebration of marathon swimming luminaries, heroes and heroines. The International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame was established in 1961 and is an affiliate organization to the International Swimming Hall of Fame. Its mission is to recognize the marathon swimmers throughout the world and is governed by an international selection committee of marathon swimming experts.
The International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame, supported entirely by donations, recognizes not only the world’s most successful swimmers in competitive races, but also individuals for their solo swim exploits around the world. It is a non-profit educational sports hall of fame devoted to marathon swimming and is dedicated to promoting the athletes, coaches, administrators, pilots, reporters, volunteers, organizations, race directors and associations affiliated with marathon swimming. It immortalizes online the achievements and contributions of those who have distinguished themselves in this sport.
World Open Water Swimming Association
WOWSA or the World Open Water Swimming Association is an international organization dedicated to the organization, promotion and recognition of open water swimmers, open water swimming events, open water swimming records and marathon swimming records. It follows swimmers and swimming events in oceans, seas, lakes, rivers, dams, reservoirs, canals, channels, lagoons, fjords, estuaries, basins, lochs, coves, meres, firths, sounds, straits, bays and harbors on the seven continents.
- 2013 Global Open Water Swimming Conference Facebook group
- Registration for 2013 Global Open Water Swimming Conference
- It's Marathon Month In Ireland
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame website
- World Open Water Swimming Association website
- Marathon Swimming
- Breaststroke Memories From The 1950's
- Explaining The International Marathon Swimming Hall Of Fame