5 Oceans - First Completion
The 5 Oceans is a solo marathon swimming feat where an individual completes a marathon swim in all the oceans in the world: Atlantic Ocean, Arctic Ocean, Southern Ocean, Indian Ocean and Pacific Ocean.
- Atlantic Ocean - across the English Channel in 1992
- Arctic Ocean - around the most northern point of the Island of Spitsbergen in 2005
- Southern Ocean - across Whaler's Bay in Deception Island in 2005
- Indian Ocean - across Nelson Mandela Bay in 2006
- Pacific Ocean - from Manly Beach through the Sydney Heads to the Sydney Opera House in 2006
Usage dating to circa 20th century from Lewis Pugh.