noun - Afterdrop is the continued fall of deep body temperatures during rewarming after hypothermia, is thought to endanger the heart by further cooling from cold blood presumed to be returning from the periphery (i.e., limbs). However, after drop is not always observed depending on the circumstances.
The doctor was concerned about after drop even after the hypothermic swimmer was pulled from the ocean and treated in the medical tent.
- Afterdrop of body temperature during rewarming: an alternative explanation
- Medical Dictionary
- Open Water Swimming
- Open Water Swimming Safety Discussed In Global Conference
- How To Be Safe In The Open Water
- Serpentine Swimming Club - The 1ºC Solution
- The Temple Of Open Water Swimming
- Just Get On With It
- Ten Big Ideas For Open Water Swimming