He has won dozens of open water swims from California to the Caribbean including the Bora Bora Liquid Festival and the St. Croix Coral Reef Swim Race (14 times). He has also won the Waikiki Roughwater Swim three times and the La Jolla Rough Water Swim six times and completed the first circumnavigation around Bora Bora on 6 December 2013.
Kostich is also a prolific writer and reporter:
o March / April 2011 Issue: "Open Water Swimming"
o January / February 2011 Issue: Featured in "Swimming for a Cause"
o September / October 2005 Issue: "Ready to Tri?"
o July / August 2011 Issue: Featured in "Out in the Open: Alex Kostich"
o November / December 2005 Issue: Featured in "Kostich Clinches Pier-to-Pier and La Jolla Rough Water Swims"
o September / October 2005 Issue: Featured in "A Healthy Life Calls for Balance"
Alex Kostich In The Pool And Open Water
- St. Croix Coral Reef Swim Race
- A Bloody Nice Swim
- California Circumnavigating Naples Island
- Swimming In Aquarium
- Alex Kostich Bringing Hollywood To The World
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- World Professional Marathon Swimming Federation
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- I Got Stung
- Will Mainstone Rhys To The Occasion In Waikiki?
- Around Around He Goes, Alex Kostich Does Bora Bora
- America's Very Difficult Open Water Swims
- 10 Difficult Short Open Water Swims
- Stefan Lambert's Unique Creativity In The Open Water