She was also nominated for the 2011 and 2012 World Open Water Swimming Woman of the Year while training up to 100,000 meters per week at the Glen Christiansen Tenerife Swim Camp in preparation for her swims.
She became the first woman in history to complete the 7 channels of the Oceans Seven:
- 2010: English Channel in 12:00:59
- October 2011: Molokai Channel in over 18 hours
- 1 May 2012: Strait of Gibraltar
- 3 July 2012: Catalina Channel in 12 hours 40 minutes
- September 2012: Tsugaru Channel in 19 hours 11 minutes
- 8 April 2013: Cook Strait in 8 hours 17 minutes
- 8 July 2013: North Channel in 14 hours 21 minutes
Nordin started to swim as a 6-year-old in Lidingö, a suburb of Stockholm in Sweden. A pool swimmer until 1985, she started swimming Long races: Riddarfjärden in Stockholm, Vansbrosimningen, Göta Kanal simmet and other shorter races. In 1997, after her son was born, she swam her first Nordic Masters Championships and the European Masters in Prague.
In 2009 she competed in the FINA 10KM Marathon Swimming World Cup race in Copenhagen, finishing in 2 hours 47 minutes. Later in 2010, she completed the English Channel.
In 2011 she won the Glen Christiansen & Swedish Swimming Federations Masters Prize for outstanding performance and promotion of Masters swimming in Sweden and international.
World Open Water Swimming Woman of the Year Nomination
Quietly, diligently, and by herself, Anna-Carin Nordin travels the world in pursuit of the Oceans Seven. Neither the fastest nor the first, Nordin nevertheless pushes forward on her quest to cross the 7 major channels of the world. Without demands or an entourage, Nordin bounds from one channel to another, from one continent to another with a courage encased in a veneer of genuine sweetness. With the Catalina Channel and Tsugaru Channel completed this year, the Swedish heroine has 2 more swims to achieve her goal of the Oceans Seven. For her unpretentious road to the highest echelon of channel swimming, for her introverted, methodical approach to achieve her goals, for her heartfelt appreciation of everything and everyone involved in the sport, Anna-Carin Nordin is a worthy nominee for the 2012 WOWSA Open Water Swimming Woman of the Year.
World Open Water Swimming Woman of the Year Nominee
- Anna Carin Nordin Completes The Oceans Seven
- An Unassuming Heroine Of The World's Oceans (Seven)
- Anna-Carin Nordin in the English Channel
- Anna-Carin Nordin between Sweden and Finland
- Molokai Channel Attempts
- World Open Water Swimming Woman of the Year
- Anna-Carin Nordin Climbs To #4 On Oceans Seven List
- Oceans Seven List - September 2012
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Anna-Carin Nordin, Oceans Seven Swimmer
- A Celebration Of Catalina Channel Champions
- Tackling The Tsugaru
- Tsugaru Channel Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- World Marathon Swimming Association
- Ka'iwi Channel Swim, Ready For An Epic Undertaking
- Celebrating Anna Carin Nordin's Feat Of The Oceans Seven
- Three's A Charm, En Route With Darren Miller
- Swimming And Storytelling To Inspire The Next Generation