From OpenwaterpediaInternational Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame Honour Swimmer and inspirational speaker. She gave her induction speech at the United Nations on June 19th, 2011.
Cleveland was the subject of a Page One article in the Wall Street Journal. The article highlighted her quest to complete the Oceans Seven.
She is also a coach, observer and member of the Half Century Club. In 2011, she coached Blair Cannon and Derrick Wong to Catalina Channel success. She also observed the Catalina Channel swims of Pat Gallant-Charette, Tobey Saracino, Evan Morrison and others.
Channel Swimming History
After being pulled from the water in her first channel swim attempt at the age of 43 in the Catalina Channel, she came back from that disappointment in victorious fashion. She has crossed the Catalina Channel and English Channel several times and for many years was the oldest person to successfully complete a two-way crossing of the English Channel. She is also a member of the 24-hour club.
International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame Acceptance Speech
- Anne Cleveland's website: Wish Upon A Star Presentations
- Wall Street Journal article on Anne Cleveland's Attempt of Ocean's Seven
- Oldies But Goodies In The Open Water
- The Oldest Men and Women in the Sea
- Updated 24-Hour Club
- Mother – Father Relationships In The Open Water
- 24-hour Club…Swimming All Day And Night