Anthony McCarley is an American open water swimmer from Berwyn, Pennsylvania who successfully crossed the English Channel on 14 August 2013 in 13 hours 29 minutes to join the Half Century Club at the age of 54 years with Andy King as his escort pilot. He received the O'Clee Jubilee Cup for his crossing from the Channel Swimming Association.
Open Water Swimming Career
In addition to the English Channel, McCarley has also completed the 8-mile Boston Light Swim in Massachusetts, the Tampa Bay Frogman Swim in Florida, the 24-mile Tampa Bay Marathon Swim in Florida, the 12.5-mile Swim Around Key West in Florida, and the 15.1-mile (24.3 km) Cape Circumnavigation Challenge around Cape May, New Jersey. He also completed an unprecedented marathon swim between St. Thomas and St. John in the Caribbean Sea.
- Anthony's Channel Swim
- Anthony McCarley Is Golden, Joins Half Century Club
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- C3 Results From Cape Circumnavigation Challenge
- For Berwyn swimmer, a somewhat mad open-water dream
- MSF Rules Of Marathon Swimming Announced
- Former Student Crosses English Channel At 54 Years Old
- Anthony McCarley Taking It To Another Level