From Openwaterpediaikayak4u and a Long Beach, California native who was part of 12 Catalina Channel crossings during the 2010 CCSF season. At an early age, she learned to sail at the Leeway Sailing Center on Alamitos Bay and became a certified SCUBA diver at 15. She took her love of the water to San Francisco where she earned her Business Economics degree from the University of San Francisco and spent her spare time sailboarding in the San Francisco Bay and open water swimming with the famous San Francisco Dolphin Club in the City by the Bay.
Beth has trained with swimmers who come to Southern California to swim the 20-mile Catalina Channel. She's at 'home' on her Cobra kayak while swimmers are at home next to her in the ocean. She has also swum throughout the world including the Great Barrier Reef in Australia, the Tuamotus in the South Pacific, the Negev Desert and Dead Sea in Southern Israel. and the Isle of Eigg in Scotland’s Inner Hebrides.
She has been a devoted and outspoken volunteer for Surfrider Foundation and Algalita Marine Research Foundation and is the Assistant Race Director for the Kingdom Swim and the inaugural WOWSA World 10-Mile Championships in Lake Memphremagog, Vermont.
Safety for swimmers and kayakers is Beth's top priority. She hopes that by setting her safety standards very high, others will follow. She has consulted with Southern California Lifeguard Departments, Marine Rescue Consultants and the US Navy SEALs to try to understand what to carry on her kayak to provide for emergency situations and how to respond to unexpected difficulties. Her quest continues with the introduction of bright yellow SAFETY FLAGS that she hopes will fly over countless swimmers throughout the world.
- Happy Yacker Week 2013
- Marathon Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Sayings From The Open Water Swimming World
- Be Kind To Your Yacker Week 2012
- Be Kind To Your Yacker Week 2011
- Be Kind To Your Yacker Week Introduction
- Be Kind To Your Yacker Week 2010
- Haiku To My Kayaker
- Haiku To Yacker
- Ode To My Yacker
- Slots Still Open For the World 10-Mile Championships
- Rob Madell Proves It Is Never Too Late
- WOWSA Battle: Brian Phillips vs. Eric Nilsson
- Emma Otto-Moudry Can WOW The Crowd
- Pure As White In Lake Memphremagog
- Be Kind To Your Yacker Week