Boğazıçi Kitalararasi Yarislari
From OpenwaterpediaBosphorus Cross-Continental Swim in English is one of the World's Top 100 Open Water Swims.
The international race is located in the Istanbul Strait that connects the Black Sea with the Sea of Marmara in Turkey. Bosphorus is the world’s most narrow strait used for international navigation and enables participants to claim they swam between Asia and Europe. The course is from Kanlica on the Asian side of the Bosphorus to Kuruçesme on the European side of the Bosphorus.
The 6.5 km race is held annually in July and is organized by the National Olympic Committee of Turkey. Started in 1989 with 68 swimmers, it has grown to 4,892 swimmers from dozens of countries.
One of the World's Greatest Swims
- Boğazıçi Kitalararasi Yarislari Official Website
- World's Top 100 Open Water Swims
- Boğazıçi Kitalararasi Yarislari
- Bosphorus Cross-Continental Swim
- Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- When Big Is Huge: Sun Moon Lake Swimming Carnival
- America's Very Difficult Open Water Swims
- 10 Difficult Short Open Water Swims