The name of "board shorts" originates from their affiliation with aquatic sports that use a board, such as surfing. They are sometimes called "boardies" in slang, especially in Australia, and "baggies" in South Africa.
Board shorts are especially popular in North America and spread beyond surfing especially as the skater punk fashion trend got underway. They are also typically worn in men's beach volleyball.
- The Twelve Days Of Christmas In The Open Water
- Consuming Cultures
- Marilyn Morgan
- Swimsuit History
- Swimming At The Olympics
- Swimwear To Shape Bodies And Minds
- Speedos Or Board Shorts: Swimmers vs. American Men
- Marilyn Morgan Delves Into The History Of Swimwear
- Frosty The Snowman In The Open Water
- 'Twas The Night Before Christmas In The Open Water
- Twelve Days of Christmas In The Open Water
- Jingle Bells In The Open Water
- Marine Modesty From Surf City's Splashgear