From OpenwaterpediaTsugaru Channel between Honshu and Hokkaido in Japan. Captain Mizushima helped build the Seikan Tunnel, the underwater tunnel of the Tsugaru Channel early in his career.
Escort Piloting Career
Captain Mizushima uses a Swim streamer on his boat when escorting solo channel swimmers and relays across the Tsugaru Channel. He is the lead escort pilot for the Tsugaru Channel Swimming Association and Ocean Navi. He escorted Oceans Seven swimmers Darren Miller of the U.S.A. and Stephen Redmond of Ireland across the Tsugaru Channel as well as Masayuki Moriya of Japan and several Japanese relay teams including Team Umiou of Japan and Team Ocean-navi of Tokyo, Japan that set the world wetsuit relay record across the Tsugaru Channel in 6 hours 44 minutes on 11 July 2012, and Adam Walker in 15 hours 31 minutes on 12 August 2013.
Video by Masayuki Moriya of Ocean-navi and the Tsugaru Channel Swimming Association of Mo Siegel
- Isshin Denshin In The Open Water
- Breaking News on Stephen Redmond
- Stephen Redmond Achieves Oceans Seven
- Stephen Redmond and Captain Mizushima
- Ocean Navi Takes Team Across The Tsugaru Channel
- Tackling The Tsugaru
- Tsugaru Channel Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- World Marathon Swimming Association
- The Wait Is On, The Uncertainty Of The Channel
- Team Ocean-navi Sets Relay Record Across The Tsugaru Channel
- Why Are Two Boats Used To Cross The Tsugaru Channel?
- It Takes A Team And All Day
- Mad Adam Is Happy With Tsugaru Channel Success
- Monolingual Body Language In The Open Water
- 2013 World Open Water Swimming Offering Of The Year Nominees
- Masayuki Moriya Navigating The Pacific With Ocean-navi