noun - A carbon-neutral relay is an open water swimming relay that has a net zero carbon footprint. Carbon-neutral relays or Carbon-neutral swims rely entirely on human power as opposed to motorized escort boats. Examples include open water swimming relays that are escorted by outrigger canoes, kayaks, and/or paddle boards only.
The Clean Half marathon relay has a carbon-neutral relay where the swimmers rotate between swimming and paddling in an outrigger canoe for 15 kilometers.
- World's Top Open Water Swimming Relays
- Open Water Swimming website
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- When Is A Relay A Record?
- In Team Pursuit For Gold, USA Looks Good
- Trent Grimsey Retires Old Record At The Clean Half
- 100 Things Every Open Water Swimmer Should Know
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Cold Half Relay And Sub 3 Squared Options Offered