Cascade Lakes Swim Series & Festival
The 19th annual Cascade Lakes Swim Series & Festival is held in Elk Lake on 2-4 August 2013. There are 5 races in 3 days: 0.5 km, 1 km, 1.5 km, 3 km and 5 km distances. The Cascade Lakes Swim Series & Festival is part of the Oregon Open Water Series and includes the following races:
Oregon Open Water Series
The 2013 Oregon Open Water Swim Series includes the following races:
- 1.2 km Bend
- 0.8 km, 2 km, 4 km Hagg Lake in Forest Grove
- 1-mile, 2-mile Foster Lake Cable Swims
- Relay, 1.5 km, 2.5 km, 5 km, and 10 km Applegate
- 17 km Portland Bridge Swim
- 1 km, 1.5 km, 0.5 km, 3 km, 5 km Cascade Lakes Swim Series & Festival at Elk Lake
- 0.5 km, 1 km, 1.5 km Cottage Grove Lake
- 0.5 km, 1.5 km and 3 km in Eel Lake
The hosts are the Central Oregon Masters Aquatics and Bend Metro Park & Recreation District. Sanctioned by Oregon Masters Swimming Inc. for United States Masters Swimming.
Elk Lake, a beautiful, clear mountain lake nestled in the sunny Oregon Cascades 32 miles from Bend. Water temperature has varied from 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.