From Openwaterpediachannel swim) is a non-stop solo swim by an individual or a non-stop relay swim by a group of swimmers across a channel, usually completed without a wetsuit or other equipment like fins, and escorted by a boat, pilot and support crew.
A channel crossing that crosses a natural or man-made body of water, generally understood as an ocean strait, between two land bases or two larger navigable bodies of water, although it can also refer to a traverse between two islands or across a river, slough, archipelago or bay. Channel crossings are generally understood to be a marathon swimming distance (either 10 kilometers or 25 kilometers), but can also be a shorter distance.
The athlete was preparing for her longest channel swim yet by training four days a day.
Kevin Murphy has completed 34 channel crossings of the English Channel during his career.
Long distance swimming, Marathon swimming, Ultra marathon swimming, long distance swim, Ultra long distance swimming, Open water swimming, Ultra marathon swimming, open water swimming, rough water swimming, channel swimming, long distance swimming, channel swim
- Olympic Marathon Swims For Amateurs Of All Abilities
- List of Marathon Swims
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- Marathon Swimming
- What Is A Marathon Swim?
- Do Marathon Runs Compare To Marathon Swims?
- Longest Marathon Swims In The World
- What is The Defined Distance Of A Marathon Swim?
- How Many Channel Swimmers Are There In The World?
- Travessia 14 Bis Held Today
- Open Water Swimming Bucket Lists
- It Takes All Kinds Of Aquatic Athletes
- How Many Marathon Swimmers Are There In The World?
- Five Or More Gets On Rottnest Channel Swim Honour Board
- Triathletes Are From Mars, Open Water Swimmers From Venus
- How To Feed On $30 Per Day In The Open Water
- Alper Sunaçoğlu Goes Far And Dreams Big
- How To Make An Inexpensive But Effective Feeding Stick
- Look Behind And Below You In The Open Water
- Chocolate Indulgence In A Coffee Cup