Christine represents the United States as a member of the USA Swimming National Open Water Swimming Team who won the 2012 BCT Gdynia Marathon in Poland and the 2013 USA Swimming National Open Water Swimming Championships in Castaic Lake, California.
A post-graduate from the University of Minnesota, she competed in the 5K race at the 2008 world championships in Seville, Spain in her first international competition and has been making increased improvement ever since. Jennings earned NCAA All-America honors in the 500 free and the 800 free relay and helped Minnesota win the 2008 Big Ten Championships during her collegiate pool career. She took fifth in the 10K at the 2009 Open Water National Championships. She earned bronze in the 5K and finished seventh in the 10K at the 2007 Open Water National Championships.
She was the Gold medal winner in the 10K open water event at the 2010 Pan Pacific Championships and finished 7th and 4th in the 10K and 5K, respectively, at the 2010 FINA World Championships in Roberval, Quebec, Canada. She has also won the prestigious winner-take-all RCP Tiburon Mile in San Francisco Bay and was a bronze medalist in the 10K race at the 2011 Pan American Games in Mexico. She also won the 2012 Traversée Internationale du Lac Mégantic in Quebec, Canada, a FINA 10km Marathon Swimming World Cup race as well as the 2012 and 2013 BCT Gdynia Marathon competitions in Poland and the 2013 Faros Marathon in Croatia setting a course record.
2011 FINA World Championships
Christine placed 13th (2:02:24.6) in the 2011 FINA World Championships in the 10K in Shanghai, China.
2013 USA Swimming Open Water National Championships
Christine Jennings on Racing
- Christine Jennings on USA Swimming
- Christine Jennings at USA National Championships
- Christine Jennings Wins RCP Tiburon Mile
- Hot Lessons In Shanghai
- Open Water Swimming
- Petar Stoychev Wins $10G At BCT Gdynia Marathon
- Christine Jennings Rallies To Victory Over Natalia Charlos In Poland
- BCT Gdynia Marathon Recalls The 1960's And 1970's
- Working The Dream At USA Swimming Open Water Championships
- Chip Carrigan Protects Athletes' Interests At All Times
- Castaic Lake Welcomes The Best America Has To Offer
- Castic Lake Will Be The Survival Of The Fittest
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- American Women Heading To Another 5K Battle
- Mann Whatta Race, The Greatest Swim In American History
- Short Or Long? USA Swimming Stars Go Long
- A 25K Dog Fight May Be Won By A Bulldog
- Roughest, Toughest Race On The Planet, Women's 10K
- World Professional Marathon Swimming Federation
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Marathon Swimming
- Christine Jennings Defends Title At BCT Gdynia Marathon
- Christine Jennings Wins In Faros, Gets Third Again
- Christine Jennings Stars In Stari Grad
- Making Decisions At The Faros Maratón