Coaches Education Program (Open Water Swimming)
noun - The Coaches Education Program for open water swimming is an online coaching certification program. Participants can take the online tests conveniently within the members area of the World Open Water Swimming Association website and can see the results of their test upon completing each test.
The Coaches Education Program is a comprehensive ten-step Open Water Swimming Coaches Education Program for pool and open water swimming athletes, coaches, triathlete coaches, masters swimming coaches, fitness coaches and endurance sports coaches and multi-sport coaches. The course covers details of the sport of myriad aspects of open water swimming and the various practices and methodologies of the sport.
The certification program educates interested individuals on everything from proper swimming techniques to race tactics. Individuals who pass the program can safely coach young children in short introductory open water swims as well as escort marathon swimmers in the English Channel.
An Overview of the Ten Steps
- Open Water Safety
- The Marine Environment and History of Open Water Swimming.
- The Basic Blocks - The Pyramid of Open Water Swimming Success.
- Fine-tuning Stroke Efficiency, Pacing and Positioning in the Open Water.
- The Equipment Used in Open Water Swimming - from Local Races to the Olympics.
- Officiating and Logistics in Open Water Swimming.
- Refueling and Hydration in Open Water Swimming.
- The Psychology and Physiology of Open Water Swimming.
- Marathon Swimming, Channel Swimming and Solo Swims
- Financing and Sponsorship
This Education Program is based upon Steven Munatones' book Open Water Swimming.
Program Registration Fee
- Register for the Coaches Education Program
Order a Copy of the Course Textbook: Open Water Swimming by Steven Munatones