Cottesloe Beach is a beautiful beach in the western suburb of Perth in Western Australia. It is located roughly halfway between Perth central business district and the port of Fremantle. It is famous for its cafes and relaxed lifestyle and beach cricket. An oceanway allows pedestrians and cyclists to travel along the coastline.
In 2009, Lonely Planet named Cottesloe Beach the world's 2nd best beach for families. It is also the start of the annual Rottnest Channel Swim, one of the World's Top 100 Open Water Swims and an iconic marathon swimming competition.
- Swanny Surf Club Website
- Open Water Swimming
- Firsts in the Rottnest Channel
- Mair, Olivia.(1999) In the swim.(Feature on Perth to Rottnest long distance swimming race, the GIO Australia Channel 9 Rottnest Channel Swim which began in 1991). Perth weekly, 17-23 Feb. 1999, p.12-13,
- Rottnest Channel Swim Association website
- World's Top 100 Open Water Swims
- Everyday Heroes Swimming Breast In The West