noun - Current is a portion of a large body of water moving in a certain direction. It is a steady forward movement of water; the flow of a body of water, regardless of cause. It is a horizontal movement of water in a channel or bay.
The currents were flowing against the swimmers.
Currents in the Perpetual Oceans
Video of Brad McVetta crossing the Tsugaru Channel and the Tsugaru Current between Honshu and Hokkaido in Japan, courtesy of Masayuki Moriya of Ocean-navi and the Tsugaru Channel Swimming Association
- Boat Assisted Swims Around Manhattan Island
- Open Water Swimming
- The Art And Magic Of The Open Water
- What Does The Tsugaru Channel Look Like?
- Don't Push It, Save It For Another Day
- The Certainty Of Uncertainty Principle In The Open Water
- 2013 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year Nominees
- Everything That Could Go So Wrong Went So Right
- 5 Dangerous Things To Let Your Children Do In Water
- Great Plans For The Great Lake Swim