Cyprus Israel Relay Swim
The Cyprus Israel Relay Swim for Youth at Risk (Cyprus to Israel Open Water Swim) is a 380 km (236 mile) world record attempt by a 6-person relay team to swim non-stop from Cyprus to Israel. In addition to being a charity swim, the 6 swimmers wish to set a world record for the Longest Open Water Relay Swim currently held by the Night Train Swimmers.
Conditions of Swim
The relay will begin on 15 October 2013, at noon under the following conditions:
- The swimmers will embark a catamaran yacht in Limassol harbor and sail to the starting point.
- Each swimmer will swim approximately 10-12 km every day for 5-6 consecutive days.
- If a swimmer for one reason or another may not be able to continue the journey, the team will decide whether to abandon or to continue with fewer swimmers.
- Udi Erell (born in 1948) served 23 years in the Navy and manage 2 private companies which he founded to develop satellite-based solutions for vessels at sea - Matys On Board Ltd and Matys Satcom Ltd.
- Doron Amosi (age 45) is a family physician who does triathlons, marathon runs, and long distance open water swims).
- Ben Enosh was born in Madison, Wisconsin and grew up in Jerusalem, Israel and Palo Alto, California.
- Ori Sela is the owner, founder, and manager of Water World and WEST technique. He is a qualified hydro therapist, swimming coach, babies swimming instructor, Watzu, Jahara and shiatsu therapist, triathlon coach, open water swimming coach, therapeutic swimming instructor, and pregnant women coach.
- Oded Rahav (born in Addis Ababa Ethiopia in 1966) is an entrepreneur and CEO of Patiphon - your music everywhere.
- Luc Chetboun (born in Strasbourg France in 1968) grew up in Jerusalem and is an open water swimmer, marathon runner, triathlete, and Ironman.
- Erez Amir (born 1963) - cook and occasional swimmer. Amir has worked in some of the best restaurants in Israel, the last of which was the "Golden Apple" with Aharoni and Roshfeld as sous-chef and served in the Israeli navy submarines. He is a masters swimmer and sailor who runs a small software company.
- Nimrod Or (born in Denmark in 1982) - skipper and sailing instructor who served in the navy and is a skipper for Via Maris Yacht Club.
- Uri Brown (age 54) - operations crew who plays drums in a jazz band and works as a supervisor for variety maritime solutions and operational layout design.
- Cyprus Israel Relay Swim
- Cyprus Israel Relay Swim, 380 km World Record Attempt
- 6 Men Swimming Non-stop 380 km From Cyprus To Israel
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- No More Land In Sight From Cyprus To Israel
- 6 Men Could Not Out-Swim The Storm
- Never Giving Up Between Cyprus And Israel
- The Certainty Of Uncertainty Principle To Israel
- What Is Underwater Between Cyprus And Israel?