From Openwaterpedia50 year old FRESHMAN Suzanne Heim-Bowen, a documentary film about Suzanne Heim-Bowen, an open water swimmer and inductee in the International Masters Swimming Hall of Fame. The film won the Best Sports / Outdoor Feature at the 2012 Indie Film Festival in Colorado Springs, Colorado, was shown at the 2012 International Aquatic History Symposium & Film Festival in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, and received the Power of Film award at the 2013 Beloit International Film Festival in Wisconsin.
McDonald graduated Cum Laude as a Director with a Bachelor of Fine Arts from the Academy of Art University in San Francisco. In 2005 she took NATPE international gold for a commercial campaign that she wrote, directed, and produced and was a finalist for best commercial of the year at Filmfest. In 2006 she was profiled on the FOX prime time special “The Fine Line On Design” and in April 2012 her documentary “50 year old FRESHMAN: Suzanne Heim-Bowen” won Best Sports/Outdoor Feature at the Indie Spirit Film Festival and in May 2012 it won Best New Film at the International Aquatic History Film Festival. Deborah J. has received the Ottawa CJOH Television screenwriting grant, Executive Produced and hosted her own cable access show and worked with Producers on American Idol for two seasons. She also holds a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of Toronto (Victoria) and is a Canadian Chartered Accountant (Ernst & Young).
- Deborah J. McDonald website
- Indie Spirit Film Festival website
- Suzanne Heim-Bowen induction
- U.S. Masters Swimming bio
- 50 year old Freshman
- Open Water Swimming website
- 50 Year Old Freshman Wins Best Sports / Outdoor Feature
- 50 Year Old Freshman Selected For 8th Beloit
- 50 Year Old Freshman Graduates To Distribution
- 50 Year Old Freshman To Be Shown On Queen Mary
- Deborah J. McDonald And Suzanne Heim-Bowen Go 2-for-2
- Third Film Award For 50 Year Old