Descenso a Nado de la Ria de Navia
From OpenwaterpediaDescenso a Nado Ría de Navia (or Navia Estuary Downstream Swim) is one of the World's Top 100 Open Water Swims. It is a multi-race event held annually held in early August on the northern coast of Spain. It is in its 56th edition in 2013. It offers a 5 km men's race, a 3 km women's race, a 1.7 km masters race and a 1.1 km junior race with cash prizes for the men's 5 km and the women's 3 km races of 1000€ for the winner, 700€ for second and 400€ for third. It is also combined on the same weekend as the Copa Asturias (Asturias Cup.
World champion David Meca has won 9 consecutive races and 11 races overall. Two-time Olympic marathon swimmer Francisco Hervas has won 3 races. Olympic marathon swimming bronze medalist Cassandra Patten has also won the 3 km race.
1.1km, 1.7km, 3km, 5km
City River Navia
Male Record by Christian Reichert 5 km: 35´18´´
Female Record by Nadine Reichert 3 km: 25´51´´
1. First-time swimmers are called Novatas (females) or Novatos (males).
2. Pregonero is an invited guest who also serves as the keynote speaker at the festivities.
3. A Queen (Reina) and Princesses (Dames) are selected to serve as ambassadors of the Descenso a Nado de la Ría de Navia.
- Descenso a Nado de la Ría de Navia
- Nothing Like Navia
- 54 Years Of Champions In Navia
- Following In The Wake Of History
- El Descenso de la Ría de Navia es un clásico para el 60% de los grandes nadadores Juan Ignacio Martínez Fernández-Villamil
- Christian Reichert And Anna Olasz Win 5K Asturias Cup
- Moreno, The Heart and Soul of The Ría De Navia
- Celebrating At The Descenso a Nado de la Ria de Navia
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- World's Top 100 Open Water Swims
- Navia Queen and Dames
- The Queen And Her Royal Court In Traditional Navia
- Descenso a Nado de la Ria de Navia photos
- Moreno From Navia Humbly Gives Thanks
- The Queen Of The Descenso A Nado De La Ría De Navia
- Juan Ignacio Martínez Fernández-Villamil Receives WOWSA Award
- The Heart And Soul Of Descenso a Nado de la Ría de Navia