Driven - The Marathon Swimming Documentary is an independent documentary film by Ben Pitterle and Brian Hall of Element 8 Productions about marathon swimming. The film premiered to a sold-out audience and rave reviews on 19 October 2013 in Carpenteria, California and is a featured film at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival and the San Luis Obispo Film Festival.
It was nominated for the 2013 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year award. Its nomination reads,
They bankrolled it; they starred in it; they live it. Driven is the documentary film that all marathon swimmers have been waiting for. Nothing captures their imagination more than the purity of swimming in the ocean against the elements. They relish the cold; they welcome the rough; they love the distance. These swimmers are absolutely Driven. Ben Pitterle and Brian Hall spent months filming, interviewing, and observing the lives of 3 marathon swimmers: Evan Morrison, Cherie Edborg, and Fiona Goh. The result is an in-depth, inside, intense view of the world few know, and even fewer live. For the imagery and accuracy of the film, for the effort and funding provided by marathon swimmers themselves, for the drama and inspiration that marathon swimmers create, Driven the documentary film is a worthy nominee for the 2013 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year.
Described as "Without wetsuits, in the dead of night, three swimmers braved the cold open-ocean to realize a dream...", the marathon swimming community helped finance the production of the 70-minute film.
- DRIVEN: A glimpse into the world of marathon swimming
- DRIVEN, the movie
- Are You DRIVEN?
- Facebook page for DRIVEN
- Element 8 Productions Twitter
- 10 Days To Be DRIVEN
- Greatest Feeling In The World Outside Your Comfort Zone
- Driven - The Marathon Swimming Documentary To Premier
- Driven Over Long Distances
- Catching The Essence Of Marathon Swimming
- 2013 World Open Water Swimming Offering Of The Year
- Great Movies For Open Water Swimmers
- Driven To The Santa Barbara International Film Festival
- From California To Cork, These Swimmers Are DRIVEN
- High Fives All Around For DRIVEN