The swimmer face a large eddy in the Tsugaru Channel off the coast of Hokkaido.
Middle English (Scots) ydy, probably from Old Norse itha. First known use in 15th century.
Video of Brad McVetta crossing the Tsugaru Channel and the Tsugaru Current with its resultant eddies between Honshu and Hokkaido in Japan, courtesy of Masayuki Moriya of Ocean-navi and the Tsugaru Channel Swimming Association
- Swimming Strait - Tackling The Tsugaru
- Tsugaru Channel Swimming Association
- Successful Swimming Strategies In The Far East
- Open Water Swimming
- What Does The Tsugaru Channel Look Like?
- It Takes A Team And All Day
- The Boys Will Bring Us Home...Across The Bering Strait
- Seeds Sown On Land Results In Dream In Water
- Lessons Learned From Diana Nyad
- Impossible Was Made Possible With An Xtreme Dream
- The Certainty Of Uncertainty Principle In The Open Water
- Masayuki Moriya Navigating The Pacific With Ocean-navi
- Swimming With The Flying Dragon (Tsugaru Channel Swimming Association)