Esther Nunez Morera
She was ranked in the 2011 FINA 10K Marathon Swimming World Cup series and is always highly ranked in the FINA Open Water Swimming Grand Prix series. She won the 2012 FINA Open Water Swimming Grand Prix series over 2-time defending champion Pilar Geijo. She participated in the 2011 FINA World Championships in the 10K Olympic qualifier in Shanghai, China and won the 2012 Maratona del Golfo Capri-Napoli in Italy and the 2013 FINA Open Water Swimming Grand Prix race in Rosario, Argentina.
Both Blaum and Nuñez train in Barcelona coached by French coach Frederic Vergnoux.
Pays : Espagne, Sabadell
Âge : 30 ans
Poids : 64 kg / 141 lbs
Taille : 172 cm / 5'7"
Langues parlées : Espagnol / Anglais
Faits intéressants : Cette excellente et sympathique nageuse affronte les vagues du Memphrémagog depuis 2005. Elle est présentement 2e au classement mondial.
2012 FINA Open Water Swimming Grand Prix Rankings
1. Esther Nuñez Morera (ESP) 96 points in 7 races
2. Pilar Geijo (ARG) 82 points in 7 races
3. Anna Uvarova (RUS) 77 points in 6 races
4. Olga Kozydub (RUS) 52 points in 4 races
5. Silvie Rybářová (CZE) 51 points in 4 races
6. Noelia Petti (ARG) 22 points in 4 races
7. Ivana Sitic (CRO) 20 points in 6 races
2012 World Open Water Swimming Woman of the Year Nomination
Esther Nuñez Morera competed in 7 out of 9 marathon swims during 2012 to capture her second FINA Open Water Swimming Grand Prix championship (her first was in 2007). She completed the 15 km Maratón Acuática Internactional Ciudad de Rosario, 57 km Maratón Acuática Internacional Santa Fe - Coronda, 15 km Maratón Cancún, 36 km Maratona del Golfo Capri-Napoli, 32 km Traversée Internationale du lac St-Jean, 34 km Traversée Internationale du lac Memphrémagog and 33 km Ohrid Lake Swim Marathon. Traveling on the pro circuit together with her husband Damián Blaum, Nuñez raced in different continents in rivers, lakes and seas battling the world's fastest marathon swimmers. For her athleticism, for her competitive spirit, for her calm, cool and composed nature throughout 222 km of racing in both warm- and cold-water conditions, Esther Nuñez Morera is a worthy nominee for the 2012 WOWSA Open Water Swimming Woman of the Year.
- Open Water Swimming
- Esther Nunez Wins FINA Open Water Swimming Grand Prix
- Esther Nuñez Wins FINA Open Water Swimming Grand Prix circuit
- La Traversée internationale du lac Memphrémagog
- Open Water Swimming website
- Esther Nunez Wins Fina Open Water
- FINA website
- maraton Internacional Hernandarias - Parana
- Who is a Professional Marathon Swimmer
- When Love And Open Water Swimming Mix
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming Water
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Esther Nuñez Morera, Professional Marathon Swimming Champion
- Esther Nuñez Takes Off To Win Rosario
- Finding True Love In The Open Water
- World Professional Marathon Swimming Federation
- Live Broadcast Live Webcast of the Traversée Internationale Du Lac St-Jean
- It Is Going To Be An Adventure On Lac Memphrémagog
- 1 + 1 > 2 In The Open Water Swimming World