Evan Morrison is a marathon swimmer from Goleta, California. He serves on the Board of Directors for the Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association and is the author of Freshwater Swimmer. Before he started doing marathon swims, he was a competitive pool swimmer - growing up in Santa Barbara, and then at Princeton University in the late 1990s.
Evan has completed five events of 10+ miles:
- Swim the Suck, October 2010, 3:07 (2nd)
- Tampa Bay Marathon Swim, April 2011, 8:59 (winner)
- Manhattan Island Marathon Swim, June 2011, 7:34 (3rd)
- Catalina Channel, August 2011, 8:55
- Ederle Swim, October 2011, 5:24 (winner and new course record)
Evan is affiliated with the Promontory Point Open Water Swimmers of Chicago and the Santa Barbara Ocean Ducks. With Donal Buckley, he is also a co-founder of the Marathon Swimmers Forum, an online community for marathon swimmers.