FINA Sports Medicine Committee
noun - FINA Sports Medicine Committee is a group of physicians who advise FINA (Fédération Internationale de Natation Amateur) on medical issues including hypothermia and hyperthermia. The first committee was formed in 1966 and, two years later, a Medical Committee under the name of International Sports Medicine Committee was established as the equivalent to a technical committee.
Zachary Firsov (URS, 1966-1984), Jose Antonio Merino (ESP, 1984-1992), Allan B. Richardson (USA, 1992-2000), David Francis Gerrard (NZL, 2000-2001) and now Margo Lynn Mountjoy (CAN) have presided over this Committee.
The Hon. Secretaries have included E. Gebhardt (GDR, 1969-1972), H. N. Bleasdale (GBR, 1972-1976), A. J. Bert de Pape (CAN, 1976-1992), J. Malcom Cameron (GBR, 1992-2000), Margo Lynn Mountjoy (CAN, 2000-2001), Peter E. Snape (GBR, 2001- 2003) and, since 2003, Eide Luebs (GER).
 Current Members
1. Dr. Cees-Rein Van Der Hoogenband, Chairman of the FINA Sports Medicine Committee
2. Dr. David Gerrard, Vice Chairman
3. Dr. Saul Marks, Honorary Secretary
4. Dr. Kevin Boyd, Member
5. Dr. Mouhamedou Diop, Member
6. Dr. Farhard Moradi Shahpar, Member
7. Dr. Jim Miller, Events Sub-Committee
8. Dr. Kyriakos Nanousis, Events Sub-Committee
9. Dr. Margo Mountjoy, FINA Bureau Liaison and IOC Member