From OpenwaterpediaFiji Swims is one of the World's Top 100 Open Water Swims. Started by David Handley, the organization of the race, the beauty of the course, the attention to safety and the atmosphere is truly one of the world's best open water swimming competitions for individuals of all ages, abilities and backgrounds. It is a tropical holiday destination swim that attracts swimmers from five continents.
The 2.7 km race has one of the most unusual starts of any open water swim in the world - the start is on the Nukasiga Sand Bar which is not visible above the surface of the water for much of the day. The 18 km marathon swim passes by several islands and sand bars.
The beauty of the competition and the courses can be seen here.
1 km, 2.7 km, 18 km
City Treasure Island
Name David Handley
Event Date: 8/15/2009
Video by OceanSwims.com
- Fiji Swims
- List Of Marathon Swims Around The World
- Marathon Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming website
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- Swimming An Adventurous Life On The High Seas
- An Open Water Gem – Fiji Pearls Ocean Swim
- Relaying In The Open Water - Funky Freestyling
- Fiji Swims Cancelled In Aftermath Of Cyclone
- Road Between Golds Goes Through Fiji For Vollmer
- Winning Gold Begins on Treasure Island
- Really Tough Olympian Workouts