From OpenwaterpediaFlorida Strait or Straits of Florida, is a strait located south-southeast of the North American mainland, generally accepted to be between the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean, and between the Florida Keys of the United States and Cuba. It is 90 miles wide at the narrowest point between Key West and the Cuban shore. The strait carries the Florida Current, the beginning of the Gulf Stream, from the Gulf of Mexico.
The boundary between the Exclusive Economic Zones of the US and Cuba is halfway between Cuba and Florida, as determined by a 1977 treaty between the US and Cuba.
- Chloe McCardel, Swimming From Cuba To Florida In 2013
- The Art And Magic Of Open Water
- Cuba To Florida. It's Possible. Is It Probable?
- Chloë Can Do Half Million For CanTeen And Can Assist
- New Ways To Fight Box Jellyfish To Be Announced
- 11-day Window For Chloë McCardel
- John Bartlett Unexpectedly Passes Away
- Swimming Through The Night On The Florida Straits