Flowers International 5k and 10k
From Openwaterpediaopen water swimming competition is part of the annual Flowers Sea Swim on Grand Cayman Island in the Cayman Islands.
As part of the World's Top 100 Open Water Swims, its sheer beauty, local hospitality, world-class competitiveness, awards, innovative initiatives for spectators, fitness orientation, and the open water swimming world’s largest distribution of random prizes, it is one of the greatest open water swims in the world.
The beauty of the one-mile course is nearly beyond comprehension. The venue on Seven Mile Beach is simply stunning, a living aquarium. The warm tropical crystal-clear waters gently envelopes the swimmers in the protected, nearly always flat beach.
Seven Mile Beach is on Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands, south of Cuba and east of Cancún, Mexico. The idyllic Caribbean Sea resort welcomes the swimmers with soft sea breezes and gorgeous white sands offset by the azul sea.
Class: Professional and amateur (at least 8 years old)
Notes: S1-10 disabled athletes, Paralympians and Special Olympics athletes are welcomed.
Sponsors: The Flowers Group has successfully organized, promoted and sponsored the one-mile sea swim for 21 years.
- Flowers Sea Swim website
- Flowers Group
- Open Water Swimming website
- World's Top 100 Open Water Swims
- Feed Our Future
- Flowers Sea Swim Held To A Higher Standard
- Olympic Fever In The Cayman Islands
- Joey Pedraza Edges Jordan Wilimovsky
- Elizabeth Berns Makes A Splish In The Cayman Islands
- Alexandra Mia Burke And Mother Complete Flowers Sea Swim
- Olympians Finish 1-2-3 In Flowers Sea Swim
- Lots Of Smiles And Sunshine In Flowers Sea Swim
- Sand, Sun And Sea In The Cayman Islands
- Peter Mackay Standing Out Among The Crowd
- DAM, They Know How To Travel And Swim
- Greatest Group Of Breaststrokers Doing Open Water
- Rebecca Soni Going Long In The Sea
- His Excellency The Governor Duncan Taylor Gives A High 5
- Scott Simmer Swims Swiftly
- Haley Anderson Preparing For Barcelona
- Nenad Volaric Makes The Cut
- It Looks Longer From The Water
- After Hours With Open Water Swimmers
- Talk About Tough