Fran Crippen Elevation Foundation
From OpenwaterpediaFran Crippen Elevation Foundation (FCEF) is a non-profit organization created to support athletes who exemplify the principles of Fran Crippen, a member of the USA Swimming National Team who tragically passed away during an open water swimming competition last year.
Crippen was a popular athlete with incredible charisma and devotion to the sport of swimming, both pool and open water. He was a well-known and well-respected loyal ambassador of sport, fair play, and humanitarian goodwill. He positively impacted this world by embodying what is best in international athletic competition.
It is the mission of the Fran Crippen Elevation Foundation to empower and protect individuals as they elevate themselves in pursuit of their lifelong dreams. As a central voice for athlete safety, the Foundation focuses on enhancing the culture of respect for athletes’ protection. It actively advocates for safe competitive environments, with a focus on open water swimming events. Fran’s boundless enthusiasm taught his community, teammates, competitors and those who he touched much about enjoying life, embracing opportunities, and having dreams. In that spirit, it provides resources to aid athletes who embody Fran’s passionate, inspiring character and promote egalitarian goodwill programs that encourage sportsmanship across the world.
Work The Dream
- Fran Crippen Elevation Foundation
- Work the Dream
- Team Fran Raises Awareness And Funds
- Working The Dream At USA Swimming Open Water Championships
- Chip Carrigan Protects Athletes' Interests At All Times
- Castaic Lake Welcomes The Best America Has To Offer
- Alex Meyer Honors Fran Crippen
- Crippen Cup Competition
- The New Crippen Cup 10k Marathon Invitational
- Ashley Twichell Wins Inaugural Crippen Cup
- A Day In The Life Of Alex Meyer