Freedom Swim Series
The Freedom Swim Series includes the Youth Day Swim (16 June each year), Human Rights Day Swim (21 March each year), Brian Curtis Mile, Reconciliation Day Swim (16 December each year), Women's Day Swim (9 August each year), Freedom Day Swim (around Freedom Day on 27 April), and Heritage Day Swim (24 September each year).
The Freedom Swim Series is a succession of cold water Cape sea swim races to promote swimming and to raise funds for good causes. Each swim takes place on a public holiday specifically to celebrate these significant days and South Africa’s history and heritage. They aim to raise awareness of the significance of these public holidays and to give back by raising funds for causes which are related to these national public holidays.
- Freedom Swim Series Facebook page
- Freedom Swim Series Announced For 2013
- Freedom Swim Series
- Serious Swimming - Open Water Swim Series Around The World
- Marathon Swimming
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- South Africa Summer Start With Reconciliation Day Swim