Gavin Pike is an experienced extreme open water swimmer who completed an Ice swim, 1.4 km in the 2°C waters of Loch Faskally, known as the gateway to the Scottish Highlands with Ram Barkai. Pike swam 35 minutes without a wetsuit or neoprene cap in air temperature of -2°C.
Antarctic Circle Ice Challenge
Pike is a member of the unprecedented ice swim by six South African ice swimmers south of the Antarctic Circle at 66.5622° South: Toks Viviers, Andrew Chin, Ryan Stramrood, Kieron Palframan, and Ram Barkai. Ryan Stramrood, Ram Barkai and Kieron Palframan completed an Ice mile in Neko Harbour in Antarctica. Andrew Chin, Toks Viviers and Pike completed an ice mile in Paradise Harbour in Antarctica in -1ºC (30.2ºF) water in March 2014 amid orcas, icebergs, and leopard seals.
- Ram Barkai and Gavin Pike in Loch Faskally
- Antartica Circle Ice Challenge: The Goal, Men And Cause
- Raising Money, Training For Antarctic Circle Ice Challenge
- Ram Barkai Facebook page
- Ryan Stramrood Facebook page
- Andrew Chin Facebook page
- Toks Viviers Facebook page
- Kieron Palframan Facebook page
- Gavin Pike Facebook page
- Supermen Swim Past Icebergs, Orcas At Bottom Of World