Gavin Pike is an experienced extreme open water swimmer who completed an Ice swim, 1.4 km in the 2°C waters of Loch Faskally, known as the gateway to the Scottish Highlands with Ram Barkai. Pike swam 35 minutes without a wetsuit or neoprene swim cap in air temperature of -2°C.
Antarctic Circle Ice Challenge
Pike is a member of the unprecedented ice swim by six South African ice swimmers south of the Antarctic Circle at 66.5622° South: Toks Viviers, Andrew Chin, Ryan Stramrood, Kieron Palframan, and Ram Barkai. Ryan Stramrood, Ram Barkai and Kieron Palframan attempted an Ice mile in Neko Harbour in Antarctica. Andrew Chin did a 1 km swim while Toks Viviers and Pike completed an ice mile in Paradise Harbour in Antarctica in -1ºC (30.2ºF) water in March 2014 amid orcas, icebergs, and leopard seals.
- Ram Barkai and Gavin Pike in Loch Faskally
- Antartica Circle Ice Challenge: The Goal, Men And Cause
- Raising Money, Training For Antarctic Circle Ice Challenge
- Ram Barkai Facebook page
- Ryan Stramrood Facebook page
- Andrew Chin Facebook page
- Toks Viviers Facebook page
- Kieron Palframan Facebook page
- Gavin Pike Facebook page
- Supermen Swim Past Icebergs, Orcas At Bottom Of World
- Where Landmarks Are Pure Snowy White
- Fearless And Frozen At The Bottom Of The World