noun - Grid race is a preliminary race to a professional open water swimming competition. Winning a grid race enables a swimmer to be placed in the first pole position during the main race as well as having the optimal position of their feeding station. The grid race was first televised on TV Globo at the 2009 King and Queen of the Sea competition in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil.
The King and Queen of the Sea has a grid race that is televised on TV Globo.
- Valerio Cleri Wins Grid Race At King And Queen of the Sea
- Ana Marcela Cunha Takes Rei e Rainha do Mar Grid Race
- King and Queen of the Sea
- Professor Oversees Field At The King and Queen of the Sea
- Trent Grimsey Throws Down Gauntlet In Grid Race
- Ashley Twichell Looks Good Winning The Queen's Grid Race