At about 40°0′N 30°0′W, it splits in two, with the northern stream crossing to northern Europe and the southern stream recirculating off West Africa. The Gulf Stream influences the climate of the east coast of North America from Florida to Newfoundland, and the west coast of Europe. Although there has been recent debate, there is consensus that the climate of Western Europe and Northern Europe is warmer than it would otherwise be due to the North Atlantic drift, one of the branches from the tail of the Gulf Stream. It is part of the North Atlantic Gyre. Its presence has led to the development of strong cyclones of all types, both within the atmosphere and within the ocean. The Gulf Stream is also a significant potential source of renewable power generation.
Currents in the Perpetual Oceans
- Open Water Swimming Dictionary
- The Art And Magic Of The Open Water
- Chloe McCardel, Swimming From Cuba To Florida In 2013
- Cuba To Florida. It's Possible. Is It Probable?
- Chloë Can Do Half Million For CanTeen And Can Assist
- New Ways To Fight Box Jellyfish To Be Announced
- Chloe McCardel Dreams Big In Bathers, Goggles, Cap