H2OpenPlus is an event management company that offers the H2OpenPlus Summer Sunset Series, a 7-part series of races on Lake Castaic in Southern California held on 15 May, 12 June, 26 June, 10 July, 31 July, 7 August and 21 August 2013. The series begins at 6 pm on each date.
The mission of H2OpenPlus is to promote, educate and encourage family fitness through community events and programs. H2OpenPlus is a community of open water swimmers, triathletes, runners, cyclists and adventure racers of all ages and abilities. H2OpenPlus' primary goal is to work with schools in the community to help promote fitness and a healthy lifestyle among youth as well as to promote sports and athletes and encourage new people to become more active. H2OpenPlus hosts a number of athletic events, clinics and programs including the popular Iron Horse Duathlon Run-Bike-Run Series held over the winter at the Iron Horse Trail Head Park in Santa Clarita, California and the H2OpenPlus Summer Sunset Series that includes the Fran Crippen Mile on the 15 May event, and the Marston's 1K Open Water Swim, 400 Meter Open Water Swim, 5K Trail Run, and Swim/Run Aquathon on the other dates for the 2013 season.
The series consists of open water swims of varying lengths in the Lower Castaic Lake along with a scenic 5K trail run through the park. Participants have several options including the swim, the run, or doing both events as part of the Swim/Run Aquathon.
2013 USA Swimming Open Water National Championships
- H2OpenPlus Summer Sunset Series
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- Working The Dream At USA Swimming Open Water Championships
- Chip Carrigan Protects Athletes' Interests At All Times
- Castaic Lake Welcomes The Best America Has To Offer
- Castic Lake Will Be The Survival Of The Fittest
- Tapering For A Shot At The World Championships
- What's Next?
- Midshipman Comes Home For USA National Championships
- Noah Takes To The Open Water
- Hollywood Helps USA Swimming
- American Women Heading To Another 5K Battle
- USA Championships Too Close To Call For 23 Minutes
- Déjà Vu With A Twist In The USA Women's 5K Championships