Haydn Welch is a British jeweller, freediver and marathon swimmer who completed a crossing of the English Channel using freestyle in 1992 in 13 hours 42 minutes. One year later, he became the first person in the world to complete a successful English Channel crossing using backstroke in 17 hours 2 minutes.
Welch also swam 139 metres in one breath to set the British record for freediving using a carbon fibre monofin in 2002, and will participate in the 26 km Swim of Peace Ouma - Djerba in Tunisia in June 2013.
- Channel Swimming Association
- Channel Swimming & Piloting Federation
- Marathon Swimmers Forum
- Haydn profile on Marathon Swimmers Forum
- 'Merman' sets new diving record
- Swim Of Peach Ouma - Djerba In Tunisia
- Swims Of Peace From Sahara To Arctic Circle
- Swim Of Peace Ouma - Djerba In Tunisia
- Ice Milers Show Warmth
- International Ice Swimming Association