Henley On Thames River Swim
The River Thames Open Water Swim Series offers the Henley On Thames River Swim of 750m, 1.5 km and 3 km distances on 18 August 2012 at Shiplake College.
2.5 miles outside of Henley On Thames, Shiplake College is set in 45 acres of Oxfordshire countryside, directly looking over the river Thames.
The field is limited to 500 individuals.
An open water swim in a very special stretch of the River Thames, just 2.5 km up stream from Henley On Thames Town Centre. The River will hardly be flowing and is nearly static at this point in the river and perfect for all types of swimmers. Shiplake College offers great facilities for all spectators, where spectators can watch from the shore. Spectators can watch the bike course from the side of the road on the perimeter of college grounds, plus take a scenic walk around the college grounds.
Thames Open Water Swim Series
- 20 May 2012 – Royal Windsor Swim – 950m, 1.9km, 3.8km
- 14 July 2012 – Marlow River Swim – 750m, 1.5km, 3km
- 18 August 2012 – Henley-on-Thames River Swim – 750m, 1.5km and 3km
- 9 September 2012 – MAXIFUEL Nutrition Open Water Swim Challenge (Bray) – 2km, 4km, 5km and 10km
- 9 June 2013 - Royal Windsor River Swim
- 14 July 2013 - Marlow River Swim
- 18 August 2013 - Henley River Swim
- 7 September 2013 - MaxiFuel Big South Swim Challenge