Huntington Beach is a area in Bay Village in the state of Ohio, U.S.A.
It is also a beach community in Southern California, U.S.A. with the nickhame Surf City USA®. It is also one of the training locations of the Open Water Swim Club and site of three of the legs of the OC Coast To Coast Boast, an 11-day stage swim along the Orange County coastline, and 63 editions of the annual Huntington Beach Pier Swim, The Mega, and several USA Swimming National Open Water Swimming Championships.
Surf City USA
The city of Huntington Beach (Surf City USA® or Surf City USA) is located along the Southern California coast in Orange County, about 40 miles south of Los Angeles and about 90 miles north of San Diego. With a population near 200,000, it is among the nation's safest cities and often ranked among the Top Ten Safest Cities by City Crime Rankings. It is site of the annual Huntington Beach Pier Swim.
Huntington Beach covers 28 square miles of land, 26 square miles of water where there are numerous open water swimming courses, and is one of the 20 largest cities in California. With 8.5 miles of uninterrupted, soft white sand beach along the Pacific Ocean, the city also plays host to an annual visitor population of more than 16.3 million people, with the greatest attendance during summer, special events and weekends.
Founded in the late 1880s, Huntington Beach was incorporated as a Charter City in 1909.
Huntington Beach's 8 miles is the longest stretch of uninterrupted beachfront anywhere on the West Coast.
Huntington Beach’s beaches are perfect for barefoot strolls, open water swims, sitting by the glow of a late night bonfire, surfing on some of the world’s best-breaking waves; building sandcastles, and walking with your dog.
Surf City USA
- Surf City, USA
- Huntington Beach Official Website
- Open Water Swimming website
- Marathon Swimming
- Open Water Swim Club
- Playful Pod On Peregrination
- If Sylvia Earle Is An Aquanaut, What Are Open Water Swimmers?
- Tom Shields, From Body Surfing To Streamlining
- Tom Shields Dreaming From Huntington Beach To London
- Coast To Coast Boast Returns To Orange County
- When You Least Expect It, Expect It
- High Surf Leads To Cancelled Ocean Swims
- Dave Simcox At The Core Of Huntington Beach Junior Guards
- A Positive Mindset For Brain Surgery
- Mega Tough, Mega Fun, Mega Colossus
- Survivors Fear No Pier Down The California Coast
- Turbulence To Be Intensified In California
- Marine Modesty From Surf City's Splashgear
- What Country Do You Represent?
- Transferrable Water Polo Skills To The Open Water
- Marine Sports At Newport Beach Film Festival
- Janet Lamott Was Never Far From Water
- Focused On The Big Blue
- Swimming In Surf City
- 64th Annual Huntington Beach Pier Swim
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Kids Heading Out To Sea
- The Long Strides Of Beach Entry
- The Mega Offers No Awards And All Peer Glory
- Misha Masters Mega In Huntington Beach