From OpenwaterpediaISHOF is the acronym for the (International Swimming Hall of Fame), a sports hall of fame devoted to the aquatic sports located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, U.S.A. The ISHOF is recognized by FINA as the official hall for the aquatics sports and is affiliated with the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame. The International Swimming Hall of Fame is dedicated to promoting aquatic sports, including competitive swimming, water polo, diving, synchronized swimming and marathon swimming, and immortalizing the achievements and contributions of those who have distinguished themselves in these aquatic sports.
The ISHOF is a not-for-profit educational organization whose mission is to promote the benefits and importance of swimming as a key to fitness, good health, quality of life, and the water safety of children. The ISHOF is a dynamic shrine dedicated to the history, memory, and recognition of the famous swimmers, divers, water polo players, synchronized swimmers, and persons involved in life saving activities and education, throughout the world, whose lives and accomplishments will serve to inspire, educate, and be role models for all those who participate in the Hall of Fame’s experience and programs.
Board of Directors
- Dennis Carey, a senior client partner in the executive search firm Korn Ferry International
- Donna DeVarona, a pioneer in the field of female athletics and broadcasting
- Jim Ellis, a swim coach and youth mentor who built a successful swimming program in one of Philadelphia
- Eldon Charles Godfrey, Senior Partner in the accounting firm of Godfrey & Godfrey
- Stu Isaac, former Speedo senior vice president of team sales and sports marketing
- Richard Korhammer, President, the CEO and co-founder of Lava Trading Inc.
- Tod Spieker, entrepreneur and sole owner of Speaker Companies of Palo Alto
- Mike Snyder, Chairman, former CEO of Vonage, the internet phone company
- Mark Spitz, Chairman Emeritus, 1972 Olympic hero, businessman and motivational speaker
- Katsuya Wada, CEO of Lucas Co., Ltd. (Law and Universal Consulting Alliance Service) of Tokyo, Japan
- Bruce Wigo, President and CEO of ISHOF