From OpenwaterpediaInternational Ice Swimming Association.
Standard channel swimming gear is deemed to be a non-neoprene swimsuit and swim cap. The material must not offer thermal protection or buoyancy and shall be not extend beyond the end of the shoulders or extend below where the upper leg meets the torso.
The Speedo Ice Swim Africa is one example of an ice swim.
In 2011, Steven Munatones of the World Open Water Swimming Association proposed that an ice swimming competition of 1 kilometer in water temperatures 5°C (41°F) or less be added to the Winter Olympics.
- Speedo Ice Swim Africa
- Absoluut Malligheid, Absolute Madness
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- International Ice Swimming Association website
- International Ice Swimming Association Facebook page
- Absoluut Malligheid Absolute Madness
- Open Water Swimming website
- International Ice Swimming Association member list
- Ice Swimming In The Winter Olympics
- Two Knuckleheads To Make Attempt For Red Jackets
- Ice Exuberance By Jerome Leslie And Elaine Howley
- Exploring Extremes, Swimming In Siberia
- Tyumen Winter Swimming Championships In Siberia
- Goody Tyler Celebrates With Success
- Ice Swimming With Snow On The Mountain Tops
- Warm-Hearted Swimming In Cold Water
- Dam, That Water Is Cold
- Nejib Belhedi Swims 6 km In 5ºC Water In Tunisia
- Ten Big Ideas For Open Water Swimming
- Coffee And Caffeine Controlled By World Anti-Doping Agency
- Differences Between Men And Women In The Open Water
- Quint, Hooper And Brody In The Open Water Swimming World
- The Most Interesting Man In The Open Water World
- Ice Swimming Among Three Sisters In The Wilderness
- Ice Swim Africa 2013
- Should Ice Swimming Be In The Olympics? Yes!
- If Ice Swimming Were In The Olympics, What Are The Rules?
- Colin's Conundrum If Ice Swims Were In The Olympics
- Ram Barkai Sees Only Tip Of The Iceberg
- Ned Denison Is Swimming On Cloud Nine
- Too Cool…International Ice Swimming Association