Irish Marathon Swim Series
The 2013 Irish Marathon Swim Series will include a variety of open water swimming and [[marathon swimming] events, several that are stacked up on successive weekends in August:
- August 3rd – Irish 17 km Championships in Lough Erne: hosted by the Irish Long Distance Swimming Association, a point-to-point swim from Carrybridge to Enniskillen
- August 10th – 10 km Lough Gill Hospice Swim held in County Sligo
- August 17th – 5 km and 10 km Munster Open Water Championships held in Inniscarra Reservoir near Cork. The 5 km event doubles as the Irish 5 km Junior Championship with the Irish 5 km Senior Championships held on the same day in Lough Dan. The 16 km Cork to Cobh Charity Swim will be held in the Port of Cork.
- August 18th – 25 km Munster Open Water Championships will double as the Irish 25 km Championships and will also include a 5 x 5 km relay event
- August 25th – 10 km Lord & Lady of the Lake is part of the Camlough Lake Water Festival that also serves as the Irish 10 km Championships
- September 22nd - 10 km Bray to Greystones (Wicklow) Sea Swim