From Openwaterpediaopen water swimmer who achieved the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming in a little over 10 months from start to finish, one of the briefest periods ever for the achievement of the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming. He also completed the Strait of Gibraltar on 16 October 2013 together with John DaPrato and David Cook in 5 hours 4 minutes to complete his third Oceans Seven channel.
Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming
Penrose completed the NYC Swim's quiet swim on 24 August 2013 in 8 hours 42 minutes and completed a crossing of the English Channel in 13 hours 32 minutes on 7 October 2012, and the Catalina Channel on 30 July 2013 in 13 hours 44 minutes.
- NYC Swim bio
- New York City Is Rarely Quiet, Swimming Around Manhattan
- Quietly, 9 Swimmers Complete The Circle In Manhattan
- Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming
- James Penrose Wastes No Time
- Asociación de Cruce a Nado del Estrecho de Gibraltar ACNEG website
- Google Earth Flyover of Oceans Seven
- Nadando El Estrecho, Sus Orígenes Y Su Historia
- Marathon Swimming Is A Global Phenomena
- Marathon Swimming
- Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Three Amigos Meet Up In Morocco
- When Do We Separate?