The Californian, who started swimming as a youngster, trained under renowned Olympic swimmers Matt Biondi and Tim Shaw, two of the greatest swimmers America has produced. Jamie shares their intensity for competition and for extending himself to reach his limits. He completed the first double-crossing of Lake Tahoe in 2010, done in a wetsuit.
His swims were subject of a documentary produced and broadcast by Universal / NBC. He also hosts the Jamie's Swim Camps in northern California. His 68-mile solo nonstop wetsuit adventure swim, called the Tahoe 360 scheduled for 31 August - 2 September 2012, will also be the subject of a feature documentary filmed by Mike Madden and produced by Lara Popyack.
World Open Water Swimming Man of the Year
Open Water Wednesday Video
Click HERE to access the full-length interview.
Lake Tahoe Swimming Society
- Universal / NBC Documentary
- Swimming California Official Website
- Jamie Patrick, individual website
- Tahoe Triple
- Africa to Italy
- Jamie Patrick Feeds On Swimming California
- World Open Water Swimming Man of the Year
- Rules and Results
- Lake Tahoe Swimming Society website
- High and Live on Lake Tahoe
- Jamie Patrick Is 2011 WOWSA Man of the Year