From OpenwaterpediaVentura Deep Six, the 2010 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year awarded annually by the World Open Water Swimming Association. He also completed a tandem swim with Tom Ball across the Anacapa Channel in 2012 in 7 hours 39 minutes under the auspices of the Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association.
Ventura Deep Six
Ventura Deep Six are six men from the Ventura County Masters Swim Club including Tom Ball, Kurtis Baron, John Chung, Jim McConica, Jim Neitz and Mike Shaffer set the longest non-stop ocean relay record when they swam 202 miles from Ventura to San Diego along the California coast in 2010. The effort took 4 days 5 hours 39.53 minutes and was a logistical extravaganza and open water swimming operational milestone.
- U.S. Masters Swimming SWIMMER Magazine
- U.S. Masters Swimming Fan Page
- U.S. Masters Swimming
- DRIVEN: A glimpse into the world of marathon swimming
- Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association website
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Open Water Swimming
- Lexie Kelly Changes From High Heels To Flip Flops