From Openwaterpediaextreme swimmer from Cape Town, South Africa. Palframan was a member of the successful Patagonia Extreme Cold Water Challenge which was a series of three extreme cold-water swims at the tip of South Africa by five South African men: Ryan Stramrood (37 years), Kieron Palframan (36), Toks Viviers (47), Ram Barkai (53) and Andrew Chin (41). Their efforts were nominated for the 2011 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year.
Patagonia Extreme Cold Water Challenge
Palframan was a member of the Patagonia Extreme Cold Water Challenge where he successfully completed three extremely ice swims in 12 days: 2 kilometers in the Beagle Channel, 2.5 kilometer double crossing of the Strait of Magellan (4°C) and 2.5 kilometers around Cape Horn. All the swims were done in rough water, against strong currents and in water less than 8°C.
Antarctic Circle Ice Challenge
Palframan is a member of the unprecedented ice swim by six South African ice swimmers south of the Antarctic Circle at 66.5622° South: Toks Viviers, Andrew Chin, Ryan Stramrood, Ram Barkai and Gavin Pike. Ryan Stramrood, Ram Barkai and Palframan attempted an Ice mile in Neko Harbour in Antarctica. Andrew Chin completed a 1 km swim while Toks Viviers and Gavin Pike completed an ice mile in Paradise Harbour in Antarctica in -1ºC (30.2ºF) water among orcas, icebergs, and leopard seals.
Strait of Gibraltar
He also completed a swim across the Strait of Gibraltar on 21 September 2010 in 4 hours 57 minutes at the age of 36.
- Exploring Extremes, Swimming In Siberia
- Ram explains The Patagonia Challenge
- Patagonia Swim Challenge Facebook Page
- Cape Extreme Swimmers
- Open Water Swimming website
- 3 for 3
- Swimming In Siberia, Russian Winter Swimming Championships
- Conquistador Sails Strait Like Magellan
- Proper Measurement Of Water Temperatures In The Open Water
- International Relay Swim Across The Bering Strait Official Website
- Bering Strait Swim
- Bering Strait Swim - Ice Bering
- The Who's Who Of Extremists Gather At Top Of World
- Do Ice Swimmers Have Bigger Brains?
- What Open Water Swim Could Be More Dangerous?
- Adventurous 5 Among 50 Across The Bering Strait
- Bering Strait Swim Succeeds
- Mind Over Matter, Swimming 1000m @ 0ºC
- Swimming In Siberia, Russian Winter Swimming Champs
- Ice Swimming At The Winter Olympics
- Bob Bowman Loves Deck-ups And Ins And Outs Too
- Antartica Circle Ice Challenge: The Goal, Men And Cause
- Raising Money, Training For Antarctic Circle Ice Challenge
- Ram Barkai Facebook page
- Ryan Stramrood Facebook page
- Andrew Chin Facebook page
- Toks Viviers Facebook page
- Kieron Palframan Facebook page
- Gavin Pike Facebook page
- Supermen Swim Past Icebergs, Orcas At Bottom Of World
- Where Landmarks Are Pure Snowy White
- Fearless And Frozen At The Bottom Of The World