La Jolla Cove Swim Club
The club is an informal organization of friendly people who like to swim in the ocean with training sessions and sponsored activities once a month. The club organizes a Polar Bear Swim on New Year's Day, the 1.5-mile Pier To Cove Swim in June, and hosts the ADA 10 Mile Relay in Sept.
Club members and non-members swim in the beautiful La Jolla Cove daily usually around 6:30 am, 8:00 am, 9:00 am, 11:00 am, 4:00 pm and other times throughout the day regardless of weather and water temperature throughout the year. Some swimmers swim less than 1K while others train for the English Channel, Catalina Channel, Cook Strait and other marathon swims including across the Strait of Gibraltar and Molokai Channel.
- La Jolla Cove Swim Club website
- List Of Marathon Swims Around The World
- Marathon Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming website
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- The Dark Shadows Of Neoprene In The Open Water World
- La Jolla Cove
- Walter Scott Following In The Wake Of Penny Palfrey
- Top 25 Organizations And Groups In Openwaterpedia