From Openwaterpediaopen water swimmers, especially at friction points (e.g., underarms, inside thighs, chin and neck) of marathon swimmers and channel swimmers.
Use in Open Water Swimming
Lanolin effectively prevents chafing for open water swimmers and can help reduce the immediate impact of cold water, although over time it gradually coagulates and comes off the skin of swimmers and is not considered a heat-retaining agent.
Lanolin is a natural, waterproof emollient (wax) derived from the glands of domesticated sheep. Lanolin's waterproofing property aids sheep in shedding water from their coats. Certain breeds of sheep produce large amounts of lanolin, and the extraction can be performed by squeezing the sheep's harvested wool between rollers.
Lanolin's role in nature is to protect wool and skin against the ravages of climate and the environment. Lanolin and its many derivatives are used extensively in products designed for the protection, treatment and beautification of human skin. It is mostly used as a moisturizer for cosmetics and skin and hair care products. Lanolin can soothe burns as well as irritated or dry skin and helps retain moisture. Lanolin can be added to soap and bath and body products for a rich, creamy lather.
The coach spread a thin layer of lanolin under the swimmer’s shoulders.
- Lanolin examples on professional marathon swimmers
- Online purchase of lanolin
- Lanolin official website
- The Twelve Days Of Christmas In The Open Water
- Vaseline website
- Chafing and Skin Care for Open Water Swimmers
- Open Water Swimming website
- Marathon Swimming
- Lanolin? What Is This?
- Open Water Swimmers Going Through Security
- Pool vs. Open Water Swimming, A Different Intensity
- Application of lanolin on channel swimmer
- Skin Protection From Chafing To Coconuts
- Reflection Upon Open Water Swimming
- Seaside Sights We Love To See
- Frosty The Snowman In The Open Water
- 'Twas The Night Before Christmas In The Open Water
- Twelve Days of Christmas In The Open Water
- Jingle Bells In The Open Water
- 50 Things Open Water Swimmer Should Not Do
- 100 Things Every Open Water Swimmer Should Know
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Age-man Always Looking Out For Each Other
- Kevin Murphy Versus The North Channel In His Own Words
- Are You Ready For The Open Water?
- Women versus Men In The Open Water World