Lough Ennell (loch Ainninn) is 7 km long and 3 km wide with an area of 3540 acres and is as equally beautiful as it is steeped in history . It is said that author Jonathon Swift while seating in a boat in Ennell looked back at the shore and seeing how small the people on the shore looked grew his inspiration for one of the most famous book of all, Gulliver's Travels.
 Open Water Swimmer
Open Water Swimmer is an open water swimming series event management company in Ireland. Co-founder Wayne Timmons organizes an open water swimming series in Lough Key, Lough Ennell, Gougane Barra and Glendalough, some of Ireland's most beautiful waterways.
 Open Water Swimmer 2012 Schedule
- Lough Key open water swimming event
- Lough Ennell open water swimming event
- Gougane Barra open water swimming event
- Glendalough open water swimming event
- Open Water Swimmer website
- Open Water Swimmer Facebook page
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Serious Swimming - Open Water Swim Series Around The World