From OpenwaterpediaMalcolm Richards is a South African open water swimmer from Jeffreys Bay who has established the longevity record for participation in a single open water swimming event, the SPAR River Mile. His son Kevin Richards has won the event 6 times.
Courtesy of worldopenwaterswimmingassociation.com
The SPAR River Mile is Africa's oldest open water swimming event that started in 1924 by AE Murrell in Redhouse on the Swartkops River in South Africa. Richards swam his first River Mile in 1947 and is entered in his 60th event in 2013.
- SPAR Redhouse River Mile
- Open Water Swimming
- Top 100 Open Water Swims in Africa
- Mally Richards Is A Diamond In The Rough Water
- SPAR Redhouse River Mile From 1924 To The Present
- The Legend Of The River Mile, Mally Richards And Family
- Mally Richards Set Bar 60 Times Over
- Mother – Father Relationships In The Open Water
- Mally Richards Is A Diamond In The Rough (Water)