Maratón Internacional Hernandarias – Parana
Maratón Internacional Hernandarias – Paraná is held from the city Hernandarias to Paraná, Argentina in the Paraná River. At 88 km (54.6 mi), it is the longest open water swimming competition and longest professional marathon race in the world. It is held annually in February under extremely competitive conditions, attracting the fastest marathon swimmers in the world, down a river with varying currents and flotsam.
Tens of thousands of spectators line the course in an extremely festive atmosphere. Offers US$25,000 in prize money when it is part of the global FINA Open Water Swimming Grand Prix circuit.
It is one of the World's Top 100 Open Water Swims.
Website Hernandarias – Paraná
Water Temp: 28°C (82°F)
18º Maratón acuática Hernandarias-Paraná
- World's Top 100 Open Water Swims list
- Maratón Internacional Hernandarias – Paraná
- Open Water Swimming website
- A Short List of Marathon Swims
- Swimming Fast For 88 Kilometers
- Paseo Del Saldo Inspired More To Do More
- Swimming On The Professional Marathon Swimming Circuit - part 1
- Swimming On The Professional Marathon Swimming Circuit - part 2
- Swimming On The Professional Marathon Swimming Circuit - part 3
- Nabil El Shazly Leaves A Wide Wake In The Water